School follows continuous & comprehensive evaluation as per CBSE guidelines. Promotion will be totally based on the whole year's performance & weekly tests. It will be essential for the child to get minimum 'D' in the 5 point grading scale of achievement A*, A, B, C, D. There will be evaluation in 3 terms for Classes I - V. 'April - July, August - November, December - March.
1. An academic year has been divided in two terms. The first term will be from April - September and second term from October - March.
2. School follows CCE in classes VI - X also as per CBSE guidelines. The CCE is intended to provide holistic profile of the learner through scholastic and Co Scholastic areas.
3. Evaluation of Scholastic area will be done through two Formative Assessments and one Summative Assessment in each term. The Formative Assessment will include weekly tests, quizzes, conversation, interviews, projects, practical assignments, classwise homework etc. The Summative Assessment will be the end of term examinations in the form of pen - paper test.
4. The weightage of Formative Assessments will be 10% for FA1, FA2, FA3 and FA4 each ie. total 40% for formative. The weightage of Summative Assessment will be 30% for SA1 and 30% for SA2 i.e. total 60% for summative.Note: The grading for scholastic area will be done on a 9 point scale as follows : A1 (91-100), A2(81-90), B1(71-80), B2(61-70), C1(51-60), C2(41-50), D(33 - 40), E1(21-32), E2(00 - 20).
5. In addition to this Co Scholastic areas like :
1(A) Life skills : thinking skill, emotional skill, social skill.
1(B) Attitude : towards teachers, towards school property, towards environment, towards school matters and value system.
2(A) Participation and achievements : In Literary and Creative skills, Scientific skills, Aesthetic and performing of Arts and Clubs (any 2) and
2(B) Health and physical education : Gardening/Shramdan (compulsory) sports, First Aid, Swimming, Yoga (any 1) will also be graded.
NOTE: The grading for coscholastic area will be done on a 5 point scale i.e. A+, A, B+, B and C for (A) above and for others i.e. 1(B), 2(A) & 2(B) will be graded in 3 point grading scale A+, A and B.
6. In Class XI scoring 33% in theory & practical papers separately is essential excluding weekly test.
7. It is essential to score minimum 'D' grade in the subjects in which grading system is applied.
8. Oral Exams will be neither preponed nor postponed for any reason.
9. Checked answer sheets of students, except Annual Examination answer sheet will be given to students to improve their weakness. No Annual Answer Sheets will be shown to Parents. However written applications with request for information will be accepted. Verification and necessary action will be communicated to related person.
10. It is essential to score minimum 'C' grade in the subjects in which grading system is applied otherwise the child will be declared fail.
11. Oral Exams will be neither preponed nor postponed for any reason.
12. Corrected answer sheets of students, except Annual Examination answer sheets will be given to students to improve their weaknesses. NO ANNUAL ANSWER SHEETS WILL BE SHOWN TO PARENTS. Doubts may be given in an application for information. Verification and necessary action will be communicated to related person.
Promotion is granted on the basis of the whole year's performance of the pupil, hence importance of regularity in attendance is imperative.
Results declared at the end of the session are final in all case and will neither be reconsidered nor the answer paper will be shown.
The child will not be awarded any rank if he/she does not appear for any subject in the Exam.
No re-test/ Exam. is permitted. Courses of all the tests will be settled by the subject teacher.
90% attendance is must for promotion to the next higher class.
15% attendance can be waived off by the Principal/Management under special circumstances.
Compartment will be given only in classes VI - IX in 2 subjects whereas in class XI onle in one subject.
If a child is absent in any of the examinations, may be on anyground, he/she will be awarded supplementary.
If a child is not able to attend the supplementary exam. also, on medical ground then only in such cases child can be promoted on the basis of the whole year/half yearly performance.
It will be essential for a student of class X & XII to qualify the pre board/model tests with a minimum score of 50% marks in each subject.
A student must pass in Supplementary Exam by securing at least passing marks as mentioned in the rules, in each subject. No grace marks shall be given in the Supplementary Examinations.
Supplementary Examinations shall be conducted on the full course of each subject. Separate examination shall be conducted between 1st April'08 to 7th April'08. The students can join their regular classes from the date of reopening of the school after summer vacations.
Any student caught cheating or using unfair means during the examination may not only be given ZERO in the subject concerned but an incident of this type may lead to his/her expulsion/withdrawal from the school.